Consequences of magnesium deficiency on the human body can cause various diseases, so how important is magnesium in our body? Magnesium is a mineral with intracellular potassium. Magnesium is one of the most important nutrients for heart health. The main task is to help the heart muscle magnesium for relaxation. This function goes contrary to the mineral calcium that makes the heart contracts. The combination between magnesium and calcium it is useful to maintain a normal heart rhythm remains with the relaxation and contraction of the heart muscle.
Around 60% of body magnesium in our bones, the average of 26% is in the muscle, and the rest in soft tissue and body fluids. The human body contains between 21 and 28 grams of magnesium. Magnesium deficiency is very common, especially in the elderly and in women during their menstrual period. Other factors that may cause this deficiency include surgery, diuretics, heart disease, use of contraceptives, alcohol, high intake of calcium and kidney disease. Magnesium is involved in the activation of at least 300 different enzymes and other body chemicals. It turns out, for the B vitamins and plays a role in protein synthesis, muscle stimulation and release of energy. It is found mainly in the mitochondria, the energy centers of cells. Magnesium regulates the absorption of calcium and added to the integrity of bones and teeth. Parathyroid glands also needs magnesium to function normally.
- Easily restless and panicky - magnesium often keep adrenal stress hormones in control.
- Asthma - Magnesium deficiency increases histamine production and bronchial spasms.
- Blood clots - Magnesium plays an important role in preventing blood clots and keep blood thin - like aspirin but without the side effects.
- Difficult defecation - Magnesium deficiency inhibits the removal of dirt that cause constipation, and reduced absorption of nutrients, leading to inflammation of the large intestine.
- Cystitis - Magnesium deficiency results in spasms / bladder inflammation worse.
- Depression - serotonin hormone dependent Magnesium in determining mood. Mg deficiency in the brain causes it more susceptible to allergens, causing symptoms similar to mental illness
- Diabetes - Magnesium increases the secretion of insulin, facilitates the metabolism of sugar. Without magnesium insulin can not move glucose into the cells. Glucose and insulin build up in the blood causing various types of tissue damage. 9. Fatigue - the lack of Magnesium often experience fatigue caused by dozens of enzyme systems that do not work. Early symptoms of this deficiency are fatigue.
- Heart problems - those with heart problems usually Mg deficiency. Mg is used in hospitals for acute myocardial problems and arrhythmia cardiacs. Like other muscles, the heart muscle also requires Mg. Mg is used to treat angina (heartburn) or chest pain.
- High blood pressure - without adequate magnesium, blood vessels become stiff and cholesterol increased, resulting in blood pressure.
- Hipoglycemia - Magnesium sure insulin is in control, without Magnesium result in low blood sugar
- Imsonia - melatonin production is disrupted if you have magnesium deficiency.