Missed period is not the only sign of early pregnancy. In fact, when you consider yourself still menstruating though, does not mean that when you're not pregnant. So, what are the early signs of pregnancy specific shows that you really pregnant? Melissa Goist, MD, clinical assistant professor of obstetrics and gynecology at Ohio State University Medical Center, said that soon after conception, your body will produce a number of hormones of pregnancy. These hormones are responsible for some of the changes in your physical condition, even before your pregnancy is detected by the test pack.
The main sign of pregnancy is not menstruating approximately 2-3 weeks after conception. However, the absence of menstruation (amenorrhea) can also be caused by other things. To be sure, the urine test should be done so that the doctor can estimate the approximate day of birth counted since the first day of the last menstrual cycle.In addition to not menstruation (amenorrhea) there are early signs that also need to be considered, such as nausea, vomiting or so-called morning sickness, changes in appetite, changes in the breasts, and fatigue. Below you can read entire symptoms.
Signs & symptoms of pregnancy
- Swollen and tender breasts. Pain or tingling in the breast is one of the most common pregnancy symptoms. In early pregnancy, the breasts will fill out and deformed by prepare to produce milk. Breasts can become very tender and sensitive for several months. However, it should be noted, according to the lactation specialist, Teresa Pitman, not all women experience these changes, especially if they have been using birth control pills. In addition to swollen breasts, one other signs are the areola area becomes darker color.
- Changes in body shape. Not only enlarged abdomen when a woman pregnant. But some other areas such as the buttocks, thighs, chest and arms will typically experience swelling as well.
- Urinating becomes more often. During pregnancy, the fetus grows in the womb will suppress bladder so that the frequency of urination will increase. Bladder filled with urine is also faster and the desire to urinate becomes more frequent.
- Easy to feel tired. In early pregnancy, you will feel tired easily. It seems you just want to laze around in bed. This happens because the body is adjusting to the presence of a new creature. The increase in the hormone progesterone is also often associated with this sign. Additionally you can be easily tired because of reduced blood sugar levels and blood pressure.
- Nausea (morning sickness). Nausea is the most common pregnancy symptoms. The nausea was due to an increase in the hormone HCG (human chorionic gonadotrophin). Improved HCG hormone is causing grievous effect on the stomach lining, causing nausea. Usually the nausea will go away as you enter the second trimester of pregnancy. In addition to nausea, you also feel more sensitive to certain smells. Some researchers suspect this phenomenon occurs that pregnant women not eat haphazardly so easy to protect baby from harmful toxins.
- Late menstruation. One of the most obvious sign of pregnancy is a missed period. However, not all delay is defined as a pregnancy. You could be the late period due to stress, diet or hormonal disorders. In addition, some women may also experience bleeding or spotting (raised blood spots). Immediately consult a doctor about the problem.
- Mood changes. Pregnant women have a volatile mood. It could have been at one time you feel very happy, but after a while you are so angry at husbands because a trivial problem. No need to worry about this because the normal change of mood. Mood changes due to hormonal changes in your body drastically. If you notice these things later, it happens because the body is adjusting to the new hormone's presence.
- The advent of blood spots or blemishes. The blood spots appear before the menstrual period to come, usually occurs between 8-10 days after ovulation. The blood spots caused by implantation (implantation bleeding) or the attachment of the embryo to the uterine wall. The advent of blood spotting during pregnancy sometimes mistaken for menstruation.
- Stomach cramps. In addition, the discharge of blood spots is usually followed by abdominal cramps. Stomach cramps on the condition of pregnancy will occur on a regular basis. And conditions of the stomach cramps, will continue until the second trimester of pregnancy, until the uterus lies at the center position and is supported by the pelvis.
- Dizziness and headaches. Dizziness and headache disorder that is often experienced by pregnant women caused by physical factors; fatigue, nausea, hunger and low blood pressure. While that is the cause of the emotional feelings of tension and depression. In addition to the increased supply of blood throughout the body can also cause dizziness when she changed positions.
- Constipation. Constipation occurs due to an increase in the hormone progesterone. This hormone in addition to relax the muscles of the uterus, also resulted in the loosening of the muscles of the intestinal wall, causing constipation or difficult bowel movements. But the advantage of this situation is to allow better nutrition absorption during pregnancy.
- Often spit (hypersalivation) This sign of pregnancy, occur due to the influence of estrogen hormonal changes, usually occurs in the first trimester of pregnancy. This condition usually disappears after the second trimester of pregnancy.
- The rise in basal body temperature. If pregnancy or ovulation, then mother basal body temperature will rise. These conditions will persist during the pregnancy. This condition will not go down to the condition prior to the occurrence of ovulation.
- Backache. Normally, you do not have problems with back pain. But now, the lower back feel pain. If you're pregnant, this disorder will persist until delivery later.
- Want or refuse certain foods. For no apparent reason, suddenly you really want a particular food, which previously may not be your favorite food. Or conversely, you suddenly can not stand the food which have been your favorite.
- Sensitive to smell. You can not stand the smell of all kinds, especially the aroma of certain foods. The odor can make you nausea and vomiting.
- Symptoms of PMS. You feel the same PMS symptoms as you do every month. Abdominal bloating, back pain, breast pain, and even an increased appetite.
- Positive pregnancy test. The test results showed a positive sign test pack. Does that mean you really pregnant? Not necessarily! You will only get an accurate answer, after going to the doctor to perform an ultrasound examination.