Pineapple save many health benefits for the body. The fruit is rich in vitamins A and C as antioxidants. It also contains calcium, phosphorus, magnesium, iron, sodium, potassium, dextrose, sucrose, and the enzyme bromelain.
Fresh pineapple is the main source of bromelain, a combination of digestive enzymes and proteins that will fight inflammation in the body. Bromelain is also associated with the prevention of infection and injury. Research shows, bromelain helps accelerate the healing of wounds, sinus inflammation, digestive disorders, arthritis, and asthma. But of course required bromelain should be in large numbers, therefore today widely available supplement containing bromelain.
Pineapple Nutrition Fact
Pineapple chunks about one cup contains 78.9 mg of vitamin C, a little below the citrus fruit about 87.7 mg. In equal portions, pineapple also contains 180 mg of potassium which is helpful to keep regularity of heart rate and blood pressure. Furthermore this fruit also contains manganese. Fresh pineapple contains bromelain, a combination of digestive enzymes and proteins that will fight inflammation in the body.
|Nutritional value per 100 g|
|Pantothenic acid||0.213 mg|
|Vitamin B6||0.112 mg|
|Vitamin C||47.8 mg|
Pineapple Health Benefits
Here are some benefits of pineapple for our bodies:
1. Weight loss
Pineapple fruit proved to be very good in one's diet program petrified. Content in it to reduce weight naturally.
2. Maintaining healthy teeth
Efficacy of pineapple fruit can maintain the health of your teeth, it's because pineapple contains vitamin C which can help prevent dental plaque also gum disease.
3. Helps soften the food in the stomach
Pineapple contains the enzyme bromelain which can be useful to help soften the food in the stomach. This enzyme also functions as an anti-inflammatory and inhibiting the growth of cancer cells.
4. Overcoming skin inflammation
Pineapple fruit can be used to overcome the problem of skin inflammation. Way, take half of the pineapple is ripe. Peel the skin and scar. Use proceeds to rub the grated pineapple peeling and scaly skin. Perform this activity at night before bed. The next day, freshly laundered.
5. Increase blood sugar
Pineapple has a fairly high sugar content. For patients with low blood sugar, pineapple can be taken to help improve blood sugar levels.
6. Overcoming constipation
Constipation can be caused by a lack of fiber. Fiber-containing foods can be fruits, one of which is the pineapple. The trick, drink pineapple juice. Choose a pineapple that is not too ripe. Choose a pineapple that are still acidic.
7. Overcoming bloating
Other benefits of pineapple fruit is overcome interference bloating in the stomach. Drinking pure pineapple juice at least 30 minutes before you eating. Do this 3 times a day with a dose of 150 cc at a time.
8. Strengthens the immune system.
The benefits of pineapple which is sourced from the essential amino acids and non-essential which is in pineapple fruit. Both of these compounds has long been known to strengthen the immune system and help the body overcome fatigue.
Pineapple Side Effect
Although the pineapple fruit has many benefits, there are also side effects if consumed in excess, such as:
- Some research says young pineapple potentially abort the womb. Therefore, it is recommended to pregnant women not to consume young pineapple.
- Increase blood sugar levels. Ripe pineapple fruit in fact contain high levels of sugar. The diabetics should not consume excessive pineapple.
- Cause rheumatism. According to some studies, in the process of digestion, pineapple fruit fermented into alcohol that can lead to arthritis. For rheumatism and arthritis sufferers should limit consumption of pineapple.
- For some people, eating too much pineapple can cause headaches. Pineapple fruit can cause allergic reactions in some people. Some people may experience allergic symptoms such as skin becomes red and itchy after eating pineapple. To avoid this, dip pineapple in salt water before consumption. In case of serious allergies, lips and mouth can become swollen after eating pineapple.