The one that makes us confident is having brilliant white teeth, because by having bright white teeth we will be protected from bad breath and tooth pain that can interfere with our daily activities. Before we discuss how to whiten teeth, we must first know what is causing our teeth less white. Causes of white teeth is caused by two factors, namely factors from within and external factors.
Factors from within, such as:
- Chromogenic bacteria
- Damage of proteins on the surface of the tooth
- Mouthwash (chlorhexidine)
- Beverages (tea, coffee and soft drinks)
- Food (berries, food additives, food was greasy)
- Antibiotics (erythromycin and amoxicillin)
- Supplements containing iron
External factors, such as:
- Trauma to the teeth
- Dental fillings materials
- Consumption of antibiotics minocycline
- Functional changes
- Food that its use in the long term
Tips For Whitening Teeth Naturally
Here are some tips on how to whiten teeth naturally
Strawberries have been known to contain an enzyme that can help whiten the teeth. In order to use them for the purpose, all you have to do is mash a strawberry and making use of your fingers, rub the pulp onto your teeth (for a few minutes). Now, rinse your teeth well and floss, to make sure that strawberry seeds do not remain sticking inside.
Baking soda is an alternative to cleaning also whiten teeth, and also proven can be shed stains and plaque on the teeth, such as coffee and other marks. But when your teeth decay, it is recommended to consult with your dentist first, associated with the use of baking soda.
People have been making use of baking soda for adding the white glow to their teeth. What you have to do is take a teaspoon of baking soda in your palm and dip your toothbrush in it. Now, brush your teeth with it. If you want to remove stubborn stains from the teeth, add a little salt to the baking soda and use it to brush your teeth after ever meal.
Lemon Juice contains a natural bleaching agent. This particular property of the juice can prove to be really effective in making your teeth white. Squeeze the juice of a lemon and add a teaspoon of salt to it, forming a paste. Brush your teeth with this paste and then rinse you mouth with cold water. You can use baking soda, instead of salt, to make it more effective.
Apple Cider Vinegar
If you are ready to bear some foul taste in your mouth, apple cider vinegar can surely help you treat the yellowing teeth. Add a few drops of apple cider vinegar to a teaspoon of baking soda, enough to form a thick paste. Now, use this paste to brush your teeth on a daily basis. Rinse your mouth thoroughly with water, after brushing teeth with vinegar and baking soda.
Orange Peels & Bay Leaves
Though most of the people are unaware of the fact, orange peels and bay leaves can prove to be very effective, as a remedy for brightening teeth. Grind some bay leaves with orange peel and form a mixture. Dip your toothbrush in the mixture and brush your teeth with it. Rinse with water afterwards. You can also try rubbing the inner side of an orange peel over your teeth.
- Try to keep the intake of tea, coffee, soft drinks and cigarettes as low as you can. In fact, if possible, avoid them altogether.
- Chew as much of crunchy foods, like apples, celery, carrots and broccoli, as possible. They are naturally abrasive and can help whiten teeth.
How To Keep White and Healthy Teeth
Actually, the most important thing to do in a whiten teeth, is to perform regular maintenance and correctly.
- Diligent cleaning the mouth, including brushing your teeth at least 2 times a day.
- We recommend that you choose a toothbrush with soft bristles and choose enough brush tip as close as possible to the end of the molars.
- Brushing your teeth regularly at that time and the right way. Ie brushing teeth when you wake up, brush your teeth after brushing your teeth after every meal and before bed at night.
- How to brush your teeth properly is brushing your teeth from the gums to the teeth end vertically. This is done to do massage the gums, a smooth blood circulation, so the gums stay healthy, and gums do not bleed easily.
- Take control regularly every 6 months to prevent caries and tartar buildup. Because tartar can cause inflammation of the gums that causes the gums to bleed.