Besides giving coolness, certain plants are able to help get rid of mosquitoes, especially on the outside of the house. This method may be effective to try. The use of anti-mosquito, either smeared or sprayed on the skin may be more preferred because it effectively repel mosquitoes. But, products made from chemicals in general are toxic, can cause skin irritation, and leave the smell.
Not a few of us who have cough caused mosquito coils because of excessive smoke production, or who feel disturbed breathing every time the mosquito spraying into the room, there is also experiencing allergies, and even some that were poisoned after a while smell mosquito repellent . Therefore, it is recommended to use natural ingredients only. Besides being more effectively repel mosquitoes, also without any side effects.
Plants to get rid of mosquitoes naturally
This plant has the Latin name of pelargonium citrosa commonly planted outside the house which contains citronella to repel mosquitoes. If swaying or wind, healian leaves can produce a distinctive aroma. Geranium Plants at least has three variants, namely citrosa mosquito fighter, cirosa queen of lemon, and citrosa lady diana.
Purple, lavender scent issued to avoid mosquito bites. Rub lavender flowers to the skin. The body would be relatively protected from mosquito bites. Because fragrant aroma, lavender is also often used as aromatherapy.
Lemongrass Plants not only reliable in the kitchen as a spice in cooking, stem and leaves it can also be used to repel mosquitoes. Keep in mind, lemongrass plants containing substances, such as geraniol, metilheptenon, terpenes, terpene-alcohols, organic acids, and especially is citronellal. Citronellal had contact toxicity. As a contact poison, citronellal mosquitoes can cause death due to loss of fluid constantly.
zodia (Evodia suaveolens) is known from Papua. Papuan people used to rub the skin with certain zodia leaves before going into the forest to be protected from the attacks of insects, especially mosquitoes. Zodia contains evodiamine and rutaecarpine. According to the Research Institute for Spices and Medicinal Plants, oil distilled from the leaves zodia, contains linalool which can help repel mosquitoes. Typically, these plants are grown in pots and plants grown indoors (indoor plant). But, no matter if the plant is grown in the yard.
Rosemary is able to issue a distinctive smell that mosquitoes hate. These plants will grow well in the sun and in need of water. Rosemary flowers planted in pots or suitable land near a window or door.
Another Tips To Get Rid of Mosquito
1. Maximize natural light and air circulation
The nature of the mosquito is like nesting in humid, cold, and dark. Therefore try to be building a house has air circulation and natural lighting. In addition to the windows, use of glass tile, transparent fiber glassblock and can maximize natural of lighting in the bathroom or other room.
2. Eliminate puddle around the home
- All water reservoirs around the house, such as bathtubs, buckets, jars, flower pots or mats should be drained regularly once a week and cover tightly so as not to be a breeding ground for mosquitoes.
- Trash and scrap which can collect rain water can be recycled. Also make sure the gutters and the gutters free from debris and stagnant water.
- Pool in the park could be given some fish as a natural predator of mosquito larvae.
3. Keep your house and surroundings
- Avoid hanging clothes on hangers in a long time because it can be a cozy shelter for mosquitoes.
- For health, livestock should be kept separate from the house or made a separate enclosure
4. Crop plants are too dense
- Leafy plants that could become the preferred dwelling mosquito, because it leaves pangkaslah too dense periodically.
- Some types of plants such as Lavender, Geranium, Zodia, and Basil has a scent that really hated mosquitoes.
5. Prevent mosquitoes by installing mosquito netting in the vents or windows.
6. Use mosquito repellent that is safe.
- Put mosquito repellent with a distance of 1.5 meters from the man.
- Ensure good air circulation so that anti mosquito, mosquito coils or spray, do not interfere with breathing.