Eczema is a common skin disease and cause intense itching and a burning sensation on exposed skin. But there are some ways to get rid of eczema. eczema or more commonly known with dermatitis that is inflammation of the skin due to a hypersensitivity reaction (exaggerated response) against allergens (triggers allergic reactions) from the outside (exogenous) or from the patient's body (endogenous). In general, eczema is residif (recurrent), but can easily be controlled so as not to relapse.
Some experts distinguish between eczema and dermatitis. but most do not distinguish it. This is understandable, because of the diversity of clinical form (appearance) dermatitis, as well as the originators factor is influenced by many factors. Sometimes a person may experience more than one type of dermatitis at the same time.
The cause of eczema is has yet unknown. Experts suggests the emergence (and recurrence) eczema, triggered by factors:
- Exogenous factors (from the outside), for example: physical factors (temperature, friction, light, etc.), chemicals (detergents, cement, oil, fabric, etc.), micro-organisms (bacteria, viruses, fungi, parasites), and others.
- Endogenous factors (from the inside), for example, atopic dermatitis, which in this type of dermatitis found a history of atopy or a history of allergies (such as asthma, allergic rhinitis and other allergic forms). Stress could be expected to lead to (or recurrence) eczema.
Each patient had a history of eczema trigger is different from other patients.
In certain conditions the signs of eczema is very easy to spot, but sometimes difficult to distinguish from other skin diseases. The main complaint of eczema sufferers are generally itching and rash onset. While the specific skin disorder depends on the stage.
- In the acute stage, the skin of eczema usually appear reddish, thickened and raised blotches, sometimes watery (wet).
- In the sub acute stage, red spots and thickening of the skin, seemed to subside, then the wet spots will dry and become scabs (crusts).
- In the chronic stage, eczema appears dry, scaly and hyperpigmented (darkened). Not infrequently eczema change shape into a prominent spots, sometimes even erosion.
It should be understood that the symptoms of eczema is not always coherently as the above theory. It could be someone suffering from a form of eczema with chronic stage without going through the previous stages.
Tips To Get Rid Of Eczema
Eczema can be treated with modern medicine or traditional medicine. To get rid of with modern medicine, can use special eczema ointment smeared thinly on the surface of eczema trowels. There are several types of ointments that can be purchased over the counter that can be used to treat eczema.
As with other diseases, the principle of eczema treatment is to remove the cause. But considering the cause of eczema is not known with certainty, then the treatment is intended to relieve complaints (symptomatic) and prevent recurrence.
Medications commonly used to treat eczema, That is:
A. Oral medication (systemic)
Antihistamines are used to relieve itching, while severe conditions can be used steroids or a combination of steroids and antihistamines. The use of steroids should be the doctor's advice to avoid undesirable side effects (with long-term), such as facial swelling, weight gain, and others. If using steroids, the doctor will usually give it tappering down, the lower the dose at regular intervals to avoid side effects.
B. Topical medication (ointment, cream, jelly, lotion, pack, pasta)
- The selection of topical drugs is based on a form of eczema and accompanying complaints.
- Wet form or the acute phase, the drug is given in wet compresses form. Sub acute, the drug that are given is lotions, pastes, or creams cooling.
- Eczema in a hair given topical medications creamy form, while the hairless area given medication shaped pasta.
- In chronic forms of eczema are generally given topical medication in ointment form.
Selection of drug forms above are not absolute. That is, people with eczema may choose drug dosage form that feels most comfortable for him. In purulent eczema due to secondary infection by scratching, antibiotics can be given until the infection subsided. In addition to the above drugs, sometimes also required other medications for maintenance of skin moisture.
Home Remedies To Get Rid Of Eczema Naturally
You can directly cut the leaves and rubbing the mucus to the surface of the skin of eczema. Mucus of Aloe vera work moisturize skin more quickly that attacked by eczema. Many people have tried this plant to reduce the symptoms of eczema and improve skin quality.
Chamomile was found to have anti-inflammatory and anti-itch. Therefore, this plant is one of the natural cures for eczema sufferers. German variant is usually used as a skin remedy. You can use chamomile tea as a compress on the skin of eczema. In addition, chamomile essential oils and creams can be used to massage the affected eczema areas with the same healing effect.
This plant is good for reducing the trade in skin and helps improve blood circulation. Camphoraceousnya scent is also believed to reduce stress and refresh you. How its use is as follows: You can add a few drops of essential oil to your bath and soak in it for a few minutes, then massage the skin of eczema, with soap and rosemary cream
The anti-inflammatory, anti-fungal and content of astrigen make this plant effective for scabies, eczema and others. You can pour and dissolving it in alcohol to protect the skin from eczema infection. Decoction can also be used to compress areas of eczema. Cut 2-3 grams of dried walnut leaves into pieces and put into 100 grams of cold water, bring to a boil, then let stand for 15 minutes. Once cool, pour on the skin.
Curcuma is the basic content of turmeric has long been known to cure various diseases, particularly as an anti-inflammatory. Turmeric has the ability to degrade histamine and can stimulate the body's production of cortisol-one of the steroids hormones. You can buy turmeric in pill form at natural food stores and consume 500 grams per day. You can also buy the oil, cream or ointment made from turmeric. Mix turmeric powder with water is also good for cleansing the skin of eczema.