There are many ways to get rid of vaginal yeast infection. 75% of women will experience a vaginal yeast infection in their lifetime and more than 40% of women experience it more than once. And this condition always make women feel uncomfortable.
Cause of a yeast infection
- Vagina actually contains healthy bacteria that serves to keep the acidity of intimate areas. However, if the amount is excessive, then the bacteria can cause vaginal yeast infections.
- An imbalance in the production of bacteria also increases the risk of vaginal yeast infections. The imbalance is triggered by hormonal changes, certain medications, or a weakened immune system.
- Another cause of yeast infection is vaginal estrogen levels increase dramatically. Estrogen alone usually increases during pregnancy or birth.
- The lack of genital hygiene also increase the risk of vaginal yeast infections. So, after using the toilet should be cleaned from the genitals to the anus vagina to prevent bacterial entry into the area of femininity.
- Genital washing with soap with a strong aroma and dangerous chemical ingredients are final cause of the appearance of vaginal yeast infection. Because fragrance overload can cause excessive growth of bacteria.
Symptom of a yeast infection
- Itching. If you often feel itching in the vagina, then it is a clear sign of fungal infection. Especially if after vaginal washing, not diminished, but the itching worse.
- Burned. A burning feeling after urination can be a sign of a vaginal yeast infection. But sometimes a burning sensation is also caused by dehydration.
- Pain. Do you often feel pain in vagina? If the pain is characterized by redness, it could be a vaginal yeast infection.
- Whitish. The latest sign followed by itching and burning in the vagina is a thick white discharge like a thick cheese.
Tips to get rid of a yeast infection
1. Boost the immune system
Your immune system to help get rid of all kinds of infections, including fungal infections. Taking care of your health is one of the best ways to ensure your body in shape. There are many ways to boost immunity, for example, regular exercise, a healthy diet, and stress management.
The content of probiotics in yogurt can maintain the balance of good bacteria in the digestive tract and helps you avoid fungal infections.
3. Stay dry
Sweat and moisture conditions are most ideal environment for the growth of fungal infections. Try to change your clothes regularly, when the body is sweating.
4. Use a cotton cloth
Wear clothing and cotton underwear. This kind of fabric can help your skin to breathe so your skin will stay dry.
5. Loose clothing
You can wear tight clothes once in a while, but not for every day. This can increase the risk of fungal infection. Wear clothing that allows your skin can still breathe.
6. Be careful on feminine cleaning products
Female fragrant cleaning products can cause an imbalance of bacteria in the vagina. This is what causes yeast infections.
7. Proper cleaning techniques
To avoid moving bacteria from the anus to the vagina, wash your feminine area from front to back.
If the illness persists, you better consult a doctor immediately for proper treatment.