Gingivitis (inflammation of the gums) is a gum problem, which causes the gums to become swollen, sensitive, and bleed easily. So how to get rid of gingivitis, here we will discuss the tips.
Gingivitis is common and can occur anytime after the onset of tooth. Gums appear red. Inflammation of the gums may occur at one or two teeth, but can also occur in the mouth. Bleeding gums is easy, because the small stimuli such as brushing teeth, or even without stimulation (bleeding of the gums may occur at any time).
Causes of Gingivitis:
Inflammation of the gums (gingivitis) caused by several factors, such as
1. The presence of tartar,
3. Leftover food (plaque) on the teeth,
4. Brushing the wrong way,
5. Breathing through the mouth. Due to breathe through your mouth making the teeth become dry and easily irritated gums.
6. Stress, frequent smoking, puberty, irregular menstruation, pregnancy and other factors, namely diabetes mellitus (DM).
Signs and Symptoms of Gingivitis
- Usually complain mouth odor, swollen gums bleed easily, without pain, just sometimes feels itchy.
- On examination gums appear swollen, colored red and bleed easily on sondasi.
- Usually bad oral hygiene.
- One form of gingivitis that pericoronitis symptoms are more severe, the fever, and difficulty opening the mouth.
Tips to get rid of gingivitis:
1. Brushing your teeth.
Brushing teeth twice a day after meals will prevent gingivitis and keep the mouth healthy. Focus brushing teeth near the gum line. In a place that is usually formed plaques that can lead to gingivitis.
2. Flossing teeth
Flossing is important because it will clean up leftover food in between the teeth that can not be reached by brushing. Perform regular flossing after brushing.
3. Gargling with salt solution.
Mix one teaspoon of salt with one cup of warm water. Gargle with this solution for at least 30 seconds. The salt solution will prevent the spread of bacteria that cause gingivitis.
4. Gargle with mouthwash.
Mouthwash effectively kills bacteria and eliminate bad breath. One sign of gingivitis is the emergence of bad breath odors. Gargle with mouthwash for at least 30 seconds to ensure the effectiveness of usefulness.
5. A solution of baking soda.
Mix the baking soda with a little water. Add to this a bottle cap of hydrogen peroxide. The mixture of these substances will form a paste. Use this paste to brush your teeth. Baking soda effectively prevent the spread of bacterial plaque and gingivitis as the main trigger.
6. Visiting the dentist twice a year.
Various measures of dental care can be done at home. However, removing plaque and tartar to the dentist is still needed. Visit your dentist at least twice a year to get a thorough dental examination and cleaning.
7. Stop smoking.
Smoking is not only weakens the immune system but also trigger the growth of bacteria in the mouth. Quitting smoking is a powerful way to prevent gingivitis
8. Eating lots of fruits for vitamin C as antioxidant and immune boosting.
Natural sources of vitamin C found in many fresh fruits such as guava, citrus, tomatoes, soursop and mango. According to the study, broccoli can help prevent infections including bacterial infection causes inflammation of the gums.